Monday, November 19, 2012

Five Months Makes it Almost Homey

You all have been kind and encouraging when it comes to this move and settling in to a new place.
 
I wanted to give you a look at the family room from the beginning.
 
This is the fireplace wall when we first saw it in April - before we bought the house.
 
 
The picture below was a couple of weeks ago.

 
Here we are now. Feeling much better and much more homey.


I love having some shelves to play with.
 
 
You know, if you have to have a TV front and center
it needs to be surrounded by some pretty things.
 

 
Moving around the family room to the left and giving you an example of my excellent photography,
this is my leopard chair. On the wall you can see a grouping of black and white pictures.
 
This was inspired by Kelly at Talk of the House.
 
The girl has black and white pics everywhere! I love them.

 
On the coffee table we have lots of magazines.

 
A larger view of the area.

 
A favorite lamp on some decorating books.

 
Love this lamp!!

 
Again you see the drapes made by Sonya.
 
 
And from this corner you can see into the master bedroom.
 

 
That's where we are now.
I'm happy with the way things are.
 
Still want to add pillows and a few accessories.
 
Of course, it's about time to do a little Christmas poofing. :)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 

22 comments:

Sonia said...

Stacey,
Love your new family room and all the touches you have made! Your TV niche looks wonderful and your richly colored wood floors are beautiful! Sonya's custom drapes are simply gorgeous! Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family! Can't wait to see the Christmas poofing!!!
Miss Bloomers

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your space looks so nice! I love that leopard print chair! Have a nice week! Twyla

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Looking great, Stacey! What a smart way to fill that niche. Glad it's feeling more like home for you!

Lisa said...

Stacey,
I love how you put the shelves in the niches! That is such a pretty and unexpected touch. The room is so lovely and you know I love all the touches of red.;)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your family room is beautiful! You've come a long way. I love the photo gallery and the shelves are perfect for the niches. What a comfortable, cozy room!

XO,
Jane

Shelia said...

How pretty, Stacey! I love the shelves you put in over the TV. What a difference they make. Your room is just so beautiful and I wish you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Stacey, it is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! And the curtains by Sonya are gorgeous! She is SO talented! I love love it!

Lou Cinda :)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Stacet, things are coming along beautifully! Sonya did an amazing job on the drapes! You'll have fun decorating for Christmas, too!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

Stacey it looks beautiful! We have the same taste!

Kelly said...

You have a beautiful home! I love how you put everything together. The drapes you had made are just the perfect finishing touch. I know you're going to love your first Christmas in this house.

debi said...

Love it! How fun for you to decorate with a clean slate!

Hugs!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

It is homey! And SO elegant. I love how you have made it your own! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas.
xo, Andrea

Beverly said...

Wow! You really made some changes fast. Love the way you used the niche. That rug is fantastic. Your home is looking so comfy and cozy.
Your touches of red are so warm. Can it possibly time for Christmas poofing? Happy Thanksgiving.

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Stacey, it's really coming along! Everything looks great. I love your details, like the lamps on the books, and especially the wall of black and whites. Can't wait to see more!
Debbie

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Congrats for moving back to your home town. You room looks so pretty, and like what you did with the niche. I really like your rug. Everything looks so very nice. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you liked my Burlap Wreath Drop Cloth Curtains.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your family room looks so cozy and beautiful!! Love your gorgeous drapes! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Gathering Place said...

It looks lovely!

The Gathering Place said...

It looks lovely!

Becky K. said...

You have managed to blend beauty and comfort. I would love to spend some time in that room....so clean, fresh and pretty.

Laurie Ritchey said...

Stacey, this is beautiful! I love the shelves, the drapes, the leopard chair, that gorgeous rug, and even the magazines on the table. Love the arched walls and doors and the wall color too. Can you tell I love this room? laurie

Just a little something from Judy said...

Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your beautiful home. You have the best decorating sense, and I love how you incorporated touches of red into the room. What a lovely looking room to curl up in and read a good book.

Southern Lady said...

Perfection in every room, Stacey ... and so warm and welcoming. I know you are enjoying all your hard work.