Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spread Joy Up to the Maximum


Photobucket

Each week I see a 
I love that she takes a moment to focus on positive and good things happening in her life.
 So this week I'm joining in. 

1. Spent last weekend with my family to celebrate my Dad's 74th birthday. 
 He's more fit than you or me and the advice he would give people is to keep working and moving. 
Good advice.

You've seen pictures of Dad's 101 year old house that he has refurbished before.
He also refurbishes antique Cushman scooters.
Takes them to contests around the country and wins!


2.  Driving back from Austin I found this "old music" radio station. 
They played this song and it is stuck in my head. 
Be sure to click and listen so you can "Accentuate the Positive" too. :)


3.  It was snowing when I woke up this morning.
Yes, this is a light dusting but hey this is Texas y'all!
I love it. 


4. Our oldest son is officially in his last semester of college.
He's majoring in Criminal Justice at the University of Central Oklahoma. 
Yes, we are very proud parents.


5. Younger son is going to school and working many hours at Lowe's. 
He loves his job and we are very happy for him.


**You know that saying about, 
"A mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child."
How true is that?

What are you happy about today?
Please tell. :)

Looks like we are linking our Happy Lists

at High Heeled Love today. 

19 comments:

April said...

Your daddy is adorable and my own dad lived by that same advice. He was never one to just sit still. So thrilled for your sons and all they're accomplishing with their lives...it does make a momma very proud!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

It looks like you got even more snow than we did! It made me happy to see those photos of your handsome sons :)

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Hi Stacey, I love this idea! And yes, you do have lots to be happy about. I've never heard that saying, (about a mother's happiness) but I agree completely. It's so true! I'm happy that our family is (relatively) healthy right now...knock on wood! Have a great day!

Debbie

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

This is a great Happy List! :D You are so lucky to wake-up to snow....it's cold and we're supposed to have more flooding rain today!

I love it....a mom is only as happy as her unhappiest child, LOL!

I thin Audrey is hosting My Happy List if you want to link-up. I need to get my post ready!!!

xo,
RJ

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

LOL I meant Aubrey @ High Heeled Love and she has the linky already up!

Just a little something from Judy said...

You should be so proud of your sons. I am happy that I get to have lunch with my sisters and sister-in-laws today. I liked the words to the song you shared too.

Aubrey S. said...

There's an awfully lot in here to be happy about. Glad that you got to spend some quality time with your dad. And it looks like you should be really proud of your boys!

Thanks for linking up for the Happy List! I'm really glad you decided to play along this week.

Carol said...

I got happy just reading this post, especially when I saw the picture of your snowfall!

Smiles,
Carol

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love a happy list! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

blessings,
karianne

The Gathering Place said...

Looking for the positive is probably good mental health to help us all live longer. What nice looking sons you have. You have a right to be proud.

Pattie T. said...

I'm going through a very difficult time in my life, so I like the idea of a happy list and I think I'm going to begin one tomorrow.

Laura said...

What a wonderful list you have- full of family, love, and special moments.

It isn't snowing down here in South Texas, but it is cold.

Enjoy your week!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Lynn @ UpCountry Olio said...

It's so great to take time to stop and be happy! Especially during these dark, cold winter days. Thanks for the lift today!

Lynn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just love doing a post about all of the happy things! And Ricki Jill always inspires me! I'm happy to have some time to visit you tonight! Hugs!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Thanks for sharing, handsome boys, I know you are one proud Mama. Your post reminds me of a recent quote I heard "what if, instead of cursing the darkness, we lit a few lamps" How true it is that gratitude brings us a totally different perspective.

20 North Ora said...

What handsome young sons you have! I am so happy today for the bright sunshine outside. Even if it's cool, the sun just makes me happy.

Judy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a great idea - love it!

Sherry said...

My oldest is in college working his way through too. Great things to be happy about!
Sherry

Kristi said...

Stacey, I LOVE this post and will have to join up next time! what a great idea! Love hearing your positives :)
Kristi